The mobile device revolution has made it easier than ever to access company data and files on your smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc. BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a growing trend in the IT industry, and it comes with a variety of benefits. By allowing employees to bring their personal mobile devices into the workplace, BYOD can boost productivity and efficiency.
Here’s five ways implementing a BYOD policy can be a powerful and cost effective tool.
- Reduce technology support costs – You can save some serious dollars by utilizing BYOD strategies as opposed to issuing corporate-owned phones. Businesses can transfer the operating costs of a device to the user– cutting down on money spent on repairs, replacements, and other related expenses.
- Keep employees happy – People are likely to be more satisfied when using devices they own and are familiar with. Instead of being bogged down with a foreign, IT-issued device that they might not take great care of, BYOD allows employees to access enterprise data on a personalized device that is suited to their needs and preferences. There is no need to spend time training staff on how to use the devices. However it is important to communicate the guidelines and security requirements of your custom – BYOD policy so your employees understand how to effectively carry out their duties.
- Productive from anywhere – BYOD gives workers the flexibility of working from almost anywhere–the office, home, or even on vacation. Work that is normally done strictly in the workplace can now be completed wherever and whenever. Employees can have instant access to company data, and this greater amount of independence can foster a more productive and engaged mindset among individuals.
- Less stress on your IT staff – Bring your own device policy enables users to be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their own devices. This puts less burden on IT staff who can now focus their time and energy on bigger issues, ultimately leading to greater efficiency in the workplace.
- Take Advantage of Updated Devices – Since technology is constantly changing, it can be hard or nearly impossible to update corporate issued devices on a regular basis without putting a huge dent in your wallet. BYOD devices are typically more up-to-date and cutting edge than the standard phones and laptops passed out in the office. This can give you a competitive edge without the extra costs.
For more information about BYOD, contact us today.